Monday, September 16, 2013

Honor Code

     It's all coming along! The vibe at campus right now is pretty hectic. Elections for this school year are about to take place and many students are running around filling out petitions and heading to interviews. I am going to run for Transfer Student Representative on the Honor Court. Now, let me tell you a bit about the Honor Court. The Honor Court works each year to teach students about the Honor Code at Agnes Scott. Okay so you're probably wondering what is this Honor Code?? It sounds so legit.... Well here it is-- " As a member of the student body of Agnes Scott College, I consider myself bound by honor to develop and uphold high standards of honesty and behavior; to strive for full intellectual and moral stature; to realize my social and academic responsibility in the community. To attain these ideals, I do therefore accept this Honor System as my way of life." (agnesscott.edu) I actually chose to attend Agnes Scott College because of the Honor Code. When I came here last year for my tour, I was amazed at how respectful everyone was towards each other. I went to lunch and saw my admissions counselor just leave her wallet out on the table knowing that it would be at the same exact place when she returned with her food. When I saw that I told myself that if someone would leave their wallet out like that, I'm sure it would have been stolen within minutes. I was wrong. She told me that there is a great deal of respect and honesty here at Agnes Scott. I learned more about the code and found out that everyone is expected not to cheat, steal, or lie. I really like living under this lifestyle because I can feel safe and know that each and everyday I abide by the honor code, I am becoming a better person with good morals. I really recommend
*Photo taken from Agnes Scott College Facebook Page
everyone to live by the Honor Code whether or not they attend Agnes Scott because you will be able to live life honestly and without guilt.

Until next time,

-Miss Peach xoxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment