Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Go With the Flow

     So this weekend was pretty good. On Friday my friends and I decided to go out to Emory University to go out to some parties. We were pretty disappointed that night. We all took a cab out there and went Frat house hopping. Within 20 minutes of the start of the party, it got shut down and my group ended up walking up and down the neighborhood. We seemed pretty hopeless in finding something to do for the remainder of the night until one of my friends said that she knew someone she grew up with who was going to a kick back at the apartments at Emory. We ended up going there and we had a nice time. The group was small and the hosts were very kind. The students were very welcoming and just in a good mood. We sat around, danced, and just socialized with everyone. I really enjoy going out with my friends and meeting new people from other schools because I really want to hear what they think about life here in Georgia. My friends and I caught a ride home with a cab and did what we always do; we chatted the night away until we all fell asleep. Saturday and Sunday was all about hitting the books! I'm finally starting to understand how classes work over here. I was so used to learning everything I needed to know during class and being able to pass the exams simply by doing the homework. I was completely wrong. Here at Agnes Scott, I know that I need to read over all of the material that is listed on the syllabus and then when I get to class, we are to speak about what we read and we elaborate on certain ideas. I believe that discussing our ideas in class about what we are expected to have read really helps in letting the information sink in to our brains. Then, after class we are to read the materials again and then start on any homework problems. Whew! I'm really in for it over here!

Gotta go study now,

-Miss Peach xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment